Project Coordinator | NGO Forum for Public Health
- The incumbent is responsible for the delivery and management of technical expertise, ensuring high quality and timely inputs, and for ensuring that the project maintains its strategic vision and that its activities result in the achievement of its intended outputs in a cost effective and timely manner. S/he will be responsible for leading the project team through planning, implementing and managing the delivery of policies, reports, knowledge products and other results approved in the project document or annual work plans. S/he will also closely work with operations unit at Cox`s Bazar, WASH Cluster, relevant government officials, private sector, non-government and civil society organizations.
Job Description / Responsibility
- -Purpose of this position: The key purpose of this position is to carry out the duties and responsibilities of Project Coordinator to ensure effective implementation of WASH interventions maintaining the highest possible level of standards and quality by ensuring necessary support to the project and utilizing resources for implementation. NGO Forum is looking for a qualified individual to carry out the duties and responsibilities of the Improved WASH Services in Cox’s Bazar area.
- -Summary of key functions:
- Overall project management for successful implementation
- Knowledge building and capacity enhancement services
- Financial management
- Resources management and staff supervision
- Procurement management
- -Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor programme outputs and manage progress against the outcomes defined in the project document.
- Facilitate the day-to-day functioning of the Project Team.
- Manage the human and financial resources, in consultation with the NGO Forum Management, for achieving results in line with the outputs and activities outlined in the project document.
- Lead the preparation and implementation of the periodical results based work plans and result frameworks as endorsed by the management.
- Prepare monthly and quarterly progress reports and organize monthly and quarterly progress reviews.
- Keep the Project Focal Person and the NGO Forum Central Management updated with the project progress.
- Coordinate the distribution of responsibilities amongst team members and organize monitoring and tracking system of all components of the project.
- Maintain effective liaison/interaction with relevant local government institutions, national and international agencies, NGOs, local stakeholders and other relevant implementing partners of the project.
- Develop ideas to minimize the emerged crisis as per the field contexts.
- Facilitate donors to conduct field visits as and when required.
- Monitoring events as identified in project monitoring schedule plan and update the plan as required.
- Make extensive visits to the project locations in order to ensure smooth implementation of the project activities.
- Manage stakeholder expectations and participate in communication activities to inform stakeholders of progress and issues.
- Ensure effective management of the project’s financial resources.
- Supervise proper accounting of the project resources and reporting.
- Monitor financial resources and accounting to ensure accuracy and reliability of financial reports.
- Responsible for preparing and submitting financial reports to the NGO Forum Central Office on a monthly and quarterly basis.
- Prepare proposals for mobilization of human, technical or financial resources as project demand
- The Project Coordinator will provide inputs and services as may be required by the Central Management of the Project with the objective of achieving the high level of performance and results.
- Keep concentration on maximum use of staff and volunteers in project implementation level
- Manage and control effective management of project logistic and procurement aspect of the project.
- Coordinate and manage to implement day-to-day procurement and logistic support in line with NGO Forum and Donor procurement policies, procedures and requirements.
- Masters in Development Studies/ Public Health/ Environmental Science/ Disaster Management, BSc in Civil Engineering/ Environmental Engineering or any other relevant disciplines from a recognized university.
- 5 to 7 year(s)
- The applicants should have experience in the following area(s):
Monitoring, Program Officer/Manager, Project Coordinator/ Officer, Trainer, Research, Supervision, Communication/Public Relation/Media, Advocacy
- The applicants should have experience in the following business area(s):
NGO, Development Agency
- Age 35 to 50 year(s)
- -Management and Leadership
- Leads projects teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities
- -Knowledge Management and Learning
- In-depth knowledge on development issues with special focus on local governance
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice on local governance
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring and the application of the methodology. Good understanding of capacity assessment methodologies. Excellent ability to identify significant capacity building opportunities.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral). Sensitivity to and responsiveness to all partners, respectful and helpful relations with UNICEF, District Administration, and other sector agencies.
- -Professional Qualification/ Skill (s)
- Proven skills and competencies to work with MS/ Excel, MS Access, SPSS is preferable.
- Must have clear understanding & experience in the baseline survey, M&E process and tools.
- Have knowledge on qualitative and quantitative M&E system, large data based management, monitoring of WASH based programs and socio economic status.
- Good communication and networking skill both in Bangla & English
- At least 5-7 years project management experience in the sector of WASH, Public Health, Disaster Management or Humanitarian Assistances
Cox’s Bazar (Cox’s Bazar Sadar)
- As per Human Resource Policies and Procedures
Bdjobs.com Online Job Posting
Send your CV to email@example.com or Click here to Email CV from MY BDJOBS account.
Interested persons are requested to apply with a complete CV with contact mobile/telephone number and a copy of recent passport size photograph. NGO Forum is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from qualified female candidates. Applications should be sent to email or Manager, HR & Admin, NGO Forum for Public Health 4/6, Block-E, Lalmatia, Dhaka-1207.
Applicant must enclose his/her Photograph with CV.
Application Deadline : Sep 24, 2017
NGO Forum for Public Health Address : 4/6, Block-E, Lalmaita, Dhaka – 1207 Web : www.ngof.org